Surprisingly Positive Things about ASU West!


31.3 miles, 35-55 minutes one way. This is one-half of my drive Monday - Friday. You may ask, "why are you driving so far?!?" (You wouldn't be the first). Originally I would have said that I am going to ASU West campus because that is the only place that my desired program is being offered. I wanted to get a degree in Statistics and the drive was a necessary evil in order to do so. After a year and a half of taking classes here my answer has changed. Though I still don't enjoy the drive, attending the West campus is something that I have come to love. Transferring to ASU West was a lot easier than I could have ever anticipated. Not only have the academic advising been great, but the feel of the West campus is right at home for me. Just like the community college I attended the class sizes are small and because of that teachers have been able to take a vested interest in my success. I have taken two classes at the Tempe campus and both were bad experiences for me. One had about 60 kids in the class and the other had over 150! How could a professor take the time to get to know me and give me specific advice on what I can do to prepare myself to succeed in school and after graduation. I feel truly blessed that my program is only offered here because I wouldn't want it any other way!

Comments

  1. FINALLY!! I meet another Stats major. I've been in college for 2 1/2 years now and you are the first person ever to be a stats major, honestly, the degree is a rare breed. And I feel your pain too, kinda. I live in Tempe and I attend Phoenix College right now and I truly dislike my morning commute with a passion. It's the one fault in my living situation. But I drive in rush hour traffic every day for 35 to 40 minutes, hurray! But for next semester I hope to move to the West side because that's where my life, school, and career are at the moment. I hope you can do the same too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear that you're having an amazing experience at ASU West. I just read that someone else was delighted to be there as well. It keeps making me think that I may be making a good decision in transferring to ASU West next year. I will also be making a major commute myself. Some things are definitely worth traveling for, especially if you are enjoying the atmosphere and classes. I agree with you on the class sizes to many students makes it impersonal. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Smart Goals

Nurturing a Growth Mindset to succeed