Interview with Dr. Manceido. Professor of Statistics

What do you like best/worst about being a professor? 

"The best thing about being a professor is doing what I love the most -- teaching subjects that I am passionate about and mentoring students. I also love the part where I can open doors for my students to achieve things that they probably didn't think they could do. 

The worst part are the activities and expectations associated with the job that take me away from doing those things."  

Why did you decide to enter your field?

"Because I had really good and really bad professors in college. The good ones inspired me to go into the field and be better. The bad ones made me realize that students deserve better teachers."
  
What is the most surprising thing about your field to you?

"That we are in the business of educating first and foremost but not all professors like teaching or mentoring. That blows my mind."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Smart Goals

Surprisingly Positive Things about ASU West!

Nurturing a Growth Mindset to succeed