My journy into STEM

Starting in 7th grade I really did not like math. It always came easy to me, but when it got hard I became embarrassed and started to resist. All through high school I just went through the motions and was so excited when I didn't have to take a math class my senior year because I met all of my requirements. Fast forward two years, I am a returned missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saint, and I am trying to decide what I am going to do. My first choice, like many other students, was psychology. I wasn't prepared to do almost 10 years of school in order to get a good job, so I knew psychology wasn't the answer. I happened to take a class called Statistics in Psychology that I really enjoyed and I did well in. So I sucked up my fear of math and decided to go to school to learn and not to just do what is easy.

I have loved my journey in STEM and am really excited to graduate this semester and start working in STEM. Everyday is a challenge and I enjoy learning and growing with each new obstacle that I face.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Smart Goals

Surprisingly Positive Things about ASU West!

Nurturing a Growth Mindset to succeed